We care about our communities
Throughout Australia, Civeo is focused on supporting health and education, sports and recreation as well as local community groups and events. We see our role as an active partner, helping to support what is important for each unique community.
Civeo’s School Mates education program reflects our commitment to work in partnership with every school in each of our host communities. Intent on meeting each school’s specific needs, our contributions include:
- Purchasing iPads, reading books and interactive electronic whiteboards
- Contributing toward teachers’ professional development
- Cooking programs
- Helping build vegetable gardens
We go one step further to encourage local students to excel, by sponsoring academic excellence and sports awards at many of our community schools.
Establishing sustainable, collaborative and productive relationships is at the heart of everything we do, as is the health and safety of our host communities, guests and employees. That’s why we are:
- Supporting the Moranbah Community Health Partnership to help improve access to medical treatment for Bowen Basin residents by providing affordable, short-term accommodations for visiting health professionals. All monies raised are donated back to the local community.
- Helping address the major safety issue of fatigue-related accidents on local Bowen Basin roads by partnering with Mackay based Road Accident Action Group (RAAG) to help educate our guests and employees about the dangers of driving when tired.
- Supporting the R U OK? Foundation as part of their R U OK? Afield campaign. This initiative is aimed at encouraging people to ask the question “are you okay?” in order to raise awareness of mental health issues. This is particularly important for our guests and employees who often work long periods away from home.
Find Out More
If you live in a community where we operate and want to find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.